Thursday, June 25, 2009

What’s the difference between Google and Bing?

xdazbfmr65

After the public release of Microsoft Bing on June 3rd, I began to test it out by running Google and Bing side by side using the same search. More often than not, the search results were the same. Some results were prioritized differently from one another. Bing had some nice features like the recent searches and side bar that popped out of the search result displaying detailed information about the webpage. After getting 3 – 4 pages deep I discovered that Google had decent result while Bing trail off to uninteresting websites. I have only tested the search results; I have not tested any of the other features of Bing. I will probably end up using Google as my search engine as Bing does not impress me.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tony, I have not tried Bing. I usually find what I am searching for in the first two pages so with what you are saying I can use either of these and be just fine. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big fan of bing either. Google is familiar and easy, but bing does have a pretty cool search page with new photos of interesting places. Still, google is where it's at...

    ReplyDelete